Virginia, United States
We are seeking a Loan Processor in our Virginia office. The Loan Processor will develop skills and get hands-on experience working with well-respected minds in the marketplace lending business, while quickly learning and understanding QuarterSpot’s loan processing inside and out. You will work in a cross-functional, team-based environment with other Loan Processors, as well as with the Underwriting and Sales teams. In addition, this role is client-facing as you will be requesting and acquiring stipulations for funding. Your overall goal will be to ensure compliance of funding stipulations with our loan processing standards, guidelines and procedures. The position requires someone who is organized, extremely detail oriented, and is comfortable speaking with clients on the phone.
As part of the Loan Processing Team, you will:
· Act as a point of contact for clients.
· Respond to all inquiries and requests, manage and follow up on client accounts daily.
· Handle multiple incoming requests through phone and email and provide in-depth, knowledgeable answers.
· Ensure that submitted applications are properly screened against company requirements before submitting to Compliance/Funding for review.
· Work cross-functionally with Underwriting, Sales and Compliance to collect additional information from customers.
· Respond to inquiries related to customer applications, offers and rejections.
· Identify and escalate issues arising at each point in the loan process – from Offer to Funding.
· Gather closing documentation, review for accuracy and submit to Compliance/Funding for final approval.
· Identify and solve for current or potential problems by analyzing available information and data.
· Remain organized while working in a fast-paced environment.
· Follow established procedures working towards low error rate, a complete knowledge base, and increased volume capacity.
Experience & Qualifications
· Has experience in a finance/lending-related role, or similar industry that is directly related to loan processing and/or making underwriting decisions
· Has a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· Experience in processing and/or finance preferred, but not required
· Must be self-motivated and a quick learner
· Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as the ability to effectively prioritize and manage time
· Positive attitude and team-oriented mindset
· Does not require micro-management and excels in a process-driven environment
· Can multitask at a very high level and deliver on multiple deadlines
· Extremely well organized with a very strong attention to detail
· Proficient in Microsoft Office; Financial Institution software preferred