We are seeking an analytical and detail-oriented People Operations Specialist. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the People Operations Specialist will play a key role in the development, maintenance, and implementation of all processes and procedures affiliated with the People Team. This person will work on both small and large-scale projects; everything from ensuring personnel files are organized, to developing and implementing policies across the organization. If you are operationally minded, incredibly organized and looking to make a real impact at a company, this opportunity may be for you.
In addition to above, you must be an excellent multi-tasker and have exceptional communication skills as you will act as a point person for employees at all levels of the organization. Additionally, you must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines without issue, all while maintaining a professional and positive attitude.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setting up a system that will improve and maintain our current personnel folders company-wide
- Ensuring all People policies are updated and maintained on a company-wide shared site
- Serving as the project manager for the development, implementation, and communication of new processes designed to streamline People activities and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, onboarding, performance management, and rewards.
- Drafting and distributing internal communications pertaining to People activities, including organizational announcements, benefits communications, and other company news
- Overseeing the processing of all transactions including background checks, new hires, rehires, transfers, leaves of absence, terminations, personal data changes, and other complicated system transactions
- Supporting onboarding and offboarding processes across the organization from an administrative standpoint
- Supporting recruiting efforts by maintaining job requisitions, posting to job boards, screening resumes and candidates
- Overseeing the annual benefits open enrollment process; as well as inquiries concerning 401(k) and other benefits
- Overseeing management of I-9 onboarding and new hire compliance
- Ensuring the confidentiality, accuracy, security and timely maintenance of People data
- Being a main point of contact for payroll inquiries across the organization; including working with Managers at various offices to ensure employees are paid on time with no errors
- Being an expert in our current PEO; performing diligence on new systems for applicant tracking, onboarding, performance reviews, benefits, payroll, and engagement.
- Ensuring organizational charts are accurately maintained
- Serving as first point of contact for employees and answering questions regarding HR transactions
- Partnering with Finance to develop key people metrics and HR reporting/analytics
- Maintaining executive confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential at all times
Other Key Characteristics:
- 4+ years of HR and operations experience
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to manage and work with all levels of an organization
- Impeccable follow through and attention to detail
- Must possess strong relationship building and communication skills, with authentic interest in supporting back-end operations, benefits, compensation, performance management, employee rewards and systems.
- Business acumen and emotional intelligence are a must; strong team player
- Highly effective written and oral communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Interest in working for a company where you can make a direct impact